Monday, January 28, 2008

Prague!

Well, we finally made it! We were very exhausted (and Kelsey was not feeling well), but we arrived okay and promptly went to sleep. Now we feel much better! Our room is interesting. We have a suite with two bedrooms, Kelsey and I in one and a Williams student (Hannah) and eventually two other girls in the other.  

We went out to lunch at a restaurant down the street. It was really good and very cheap! Such a relief after England and Paris. Luckily they had a menu written in English. Hannah speaks German which was helpful because they waiter did not speak much English. Its a bit scary to realize that I can't read anything and can't speak to anyone who does not speak English. Obviously I expected it, but its a whole different experience in reality. I'm not too worried about it yet. I'm sure in a couple of weeks it will hit me that I have no idea what is going on. 

After lunch we spent the afternoon looking at apartments with another girl (Kira) and may be rooming with her and another girl Emily (they are both from U Michigan). We've met some of the other students, everyone seems really nice. Of course, friend groups are already forming, which is a bit intimidating, but hopefully everyone will get along. We don't have anything orientation-wise tomorrow, so we may go apartment hunting. Orientation begins at 9:15 on Wednesday...I can't wait! :) 

FUN FUN FUN

xxx 

No comments: