Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Apartment Search

So Prague is extremely fun, still confusing, but fun. We have found an apartment that looks amazing. The 3rd floor of the building is under construction, so the apartments are really cheap right now. I also don't think they would do short term leases except for the fact that the renovations are not finished. Its really modern and pretty spacious and we will be living there with two other girls (Kira and Emily) who are both from U Michigan. I wish the realtor didn't charge such a high commission, but I guess there's nothing you can do when you don't speak Czech 
Last night was fun, we went to this little pub called Dump Pub (apparently dump means house in Czech and is pronounced "doom," but that didn't really take away our enjoyment of the Dump :) It was a very relaxing evening just hanging out. Unfortunately I think the bar tender didn't like us very much because none of us had small change. She was particularly perturbed by Alison paying for her drink with a 500 (the drink was about 35). We think we are going to a club called Mecca tonight. Apparently Wednesdays are supposed to be fun there. 

I am soooo excited about our apartment!!!! Hopefully the internet there will let me post photos on the blog - I haven't been able to make it work in this hotel (as you can see) and then everyone can see the apartment! 

No comments: